Thursday, June 12, 2008

Blair Witch's Daniel Myrick on Cloverfield

Den of Geek has an interview with Daniel Myrick, the co-writer and director of The Blair Witch Project, and the topic of Cloverfield came up:

Do you take it as a complement then when something like Cloverfield, ten years on, gets compared in certain ways to Blair Witch?

Absolutely, yeah. I thought it was very much in the spirit of the Blair Witch, and a very ballsy move for a high budget film to take that kind of cinematic approach. I thought they executed it on a lot of levels very well. I would have done a couple of things differently. But I think that for a film like that to get made is very encouraging.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder what he would have done differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=541839#541839

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not, show the monster? No, I wouldn't very much care for that. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my. comparison to Balir With? only comparison i can think of is the whole camera idea.

    Oy. we need more updates. i check this site everyday and nada zip zero nulch.

    i think the Clovie team needs to start workin!


    btw, wen do winners of contests or questions get the prizes we won? Its been a little over 2 months

    ReplyDelete