Wednesday, December 19, 2007

MySpace Update - Rob Gives Up

Rob updated his MySpace page with a new blog entry. It looks like he is giving up on pursuing Beth and moving on. Sounds like he want to move far away, I hear Japan is really nice... All of his friends have left a comments for him as well, including Jamie who always knows the right thing to say :)

Monday, December 17, 2007 - I’m done

It's time for a change. I'm officially launching into a full-blown job hunt. I've been putting the feelers out for the past few weeks, but now it has become abundantly clear to me that I need to move on and try something else. I've put in a lot of time and effort only to be continuously misinterpreted or altogether unnoticed. I'm not opposed to leaving New York, if that's what it takes. Don't get me wrong -- I love this city. But there are certain elements that I need to get away from before I lose my mind. I'm sick of being the overlooked guy. Sick of being pigeonholed as one thing, when if you would just give me a chance, I know I can be so much more.

You know how you can get totally absorbed with something, and because you are so focused on that one thing, you miss out on other opportunities? I now realize that's what has been happening here. Or maybe I've known it all along and have been living in denial, clinging to that empty hope that things were going to get better. That certain things were meant to happen. Well, whether those things were meant to happen or not, they didn't. Not for me, at least.

Sometimes, you need to give up.


Here are the friend's comments:

LIL: I know you're hurting, hon. I just don't want you to do anything for the wrong reasons!
HAWK: Jeez, someone needs to get laid.
HUD: Dude you can't leave me! Who's gonna shave my back?!
LENADIA: About time. And yes, you have been living in denial.
JAMIE: Aw Robby! I'm sorry, babe, I know how you're feeling. Maybe we should get together and cheer each other up...
BETH: Rob I had no idea you were in such a funk! Call me, we'll talk about it. We're friends, right?


Of course you didn't know, that's the whole problem...

As a side note, somehow Ron [1-18-08] was able to sneak a comment past the goalie.

* Thanks to Diana for emailing about this first!

15 comments:

  1. (LIL: I know you're hurting, hon. I just don't want you to do anything for the wrong reasons!)

    Well, at least we got one normal friendly response.

    (HAWK: Jeez, someone needs to get laid.)

    Lily will probably smack him for that.

    (HUD: Dude you can't leave me! Who's gonna shave my back?!)

    Somehow, I think he's serious. They seem to have a close relationship, ahem.

    (LENADIA: About time. And yes, you have been living in denial.)

    Someone's up-front, no wonder she's the outsider of the group, but...I like it.

    (JAMIE: Aw Robby! I'm sorry, babe, I know how you're feeling. Maybe we should get together and cheer each other up...)

    Jamie, you+Rob = ain't gonna happen. Hawk wasn't serious!

    (BETH: Rob I had no idea you were in such a funk! Call me, we'll talk about it. We're friends, right?)

    Yeah, you had no idea, that's the problem. Plus, he want's to be more than "friends". Oi.

    And I can't believe I responded to the myspace comments of fictional characters...oh well, twas fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably the most important piece of the ARG for a few weeks, because it actually relates back to the movie.
    And my god...Jamies a sl*t isnt she?
    Poor Teddy...no wonder he ran off to Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I've been putting the feelers out for the past few weeks,"

    A hint about the monster?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I the only one who thinks that maybe the marketing people should have at least made it look natural when they responded with comments to the blog? Everyone left their comments at 4:04 PM... lol... but it is fun that they are finally tying Rob's story into the plot.. I have a feeling myspace is going to be the happening place for the next couple of weeks. Also I want to say I think that guy Ron is the one who is handling their myspace pages... So obvious with his time stamp too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just really neat from the standpoint of marketing. I think it's a very unique plan and will change how movies are marketed in the future.

    Instead of having a couple of hours of fun, this thing has allowed us unlimited hours of excitement and adventure through the investigation of the plot and stuff. I mean, how cool is that?

    If all movies gave me this much fun, I wouldn't mind paying so much to go see them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun and mean-spirited thing to do would be to comment on Beth's myspace THING and tell her all about Rob's secret attraction to her. I mean, I fully realize that this is all "fake," but it'd be still be curious to see what their response would be. This sounds like a job for someone not me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a comment to add to that... I have messaged Lil before to compliment her song and "she" actually responded back to me with a thank you... but when I asked about her relationship with Jason she didn't reply... Maybe someone else can see if they get a response also or some kind of reply but I doubt it will work because of the plot line and they have to stay true to story line... plus their comments have to be approved before they are posted online so it might now work out the way you want it to be...

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA!

    I'm not BS'ing, but I'm Ron[1-18-08].

    I'm not the one who handles their MySpace accounts. I honestly have no idea how my comment to Rob's blog got in there. I was at work today, screwing off on MySpace and I happened to post my comment right around five minutes after the blog was initially posted.

    I gotta say, this is more than I could've possibly hoped for in relation to this ARG(E). I got some screencaps of my comment on there, because I'm honestly wondering how long it WILL be on there. I'm probably gonna e-mail them to Dennis.

    FYI - my MySpace is http://www.myspace.com/rwarnerjr and I post on UnFiction as rwarnerjr84

    WOO! Hooray for Cloverfield. I didn't think it was possible for me to be more excited for this movie, but I certainly am now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my slusho commercial is on the slusho site!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this dude needs to man up and cut dishing out the femaleish drama haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Damn, is Beth really worth trying to find throughout the movie? She seems clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good stuff ean_mc! I like the baby in the tree part most of all.

    I'm gonna miss Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  13. if you would just give me a chance, I know I can be so much more.

    Be careful what you wish for, my darling.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How is Hud going so survive without Rob? He's like, his main dude.

    I should message Beth and maybe Hawk asking where he got his t-shirt. And maybe a snail-mail to JJ just for bragging rights if he replies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stuve said... How is Hud going so survive without Rob? He's like, his main dude. I should message Beth and maybe Hawk asking where he got his t-shirt. And maybe a snail-mail to JJ just for bragging rights if he replies.

    Back when the MySpace pages first started, they responded to a lot of people, including myself. I've messaged back and forth with Beth several times about movies, TV shows, surfing, etc.

    What t-shirt are you talking about? The "Auggie" shirt in the MySpace photos? I actually messaged him about that, but never got a response. Or are you referring to the Slusho shirt in the tralier? Remember, that hasn't happened yet in their world, and anyways, they don't seem to reply to any messages related to the movie, monsters, etc. Actually, they don't really respond much anymore to anything...

    ReplyDelete