Sunday, April 6, 2008

HAKAISHA - Cloverfield In Japan

Cloverfield opened in Japan this weekend, and I expect it will do well in the land of Godzilla. We should get the box office numbers in the next few days. Unfortunately for Japan, they are the last place in the world to get Cloverfield, so there experience may be quite different given all the coverage - not only will they know all about the ARG, but there are the three manga/comics as well.

Another milestone this weekend, Cloverfield will hit the $80,000,000 mark in the US. After making $40 million in its first three days, it has taken another 11 weeks to double that!

6 comments:

  1. Does anyone know the Warning message on the Japanese Cloverfield site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. first? o.o
    wow clover makin some $$!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I had a hunch about what the Japanese title means.

    The movie, in Japan, is called "Destroyer." I know the word "hakai" means "destroy," so I went on my gut and looked up "destroyer". I was right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if my last post worked, so here it is again: The warning on the Japanese Hakaisha posters is for pregnant women, elderly people, people with heart conditions and people with a history of motion sickness. I guess they don't want people having heart attacks or throwing up in their theaters...the cinematography is quite jumpy in places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Japan boxofficemojo.com shows it having made $2,580,377 so far. Not sure if that's for just opening day or what.

    ReplyDelete
  6. よかったですね。Cloverfieldってどう言う意味?

    ReplyDelete