Friday, January 11, 2008

Cloverfield Review - Hollywood Elsewhere

Here is a another positive review for Cloverfield (and SPOILER-FREE!), from Jeffrey Wells at Hollywood-Elsewhere.com.
Cloverfield is a monster film unlike any other -- a complete original, but no less of a rock' em-sock 'em for that. It's amazing in that it's so short (by my watch about 74 minutes without credits), and yet so fierce ... This is not your father's Ray Harryhausen rampaging monster flick. Those movies, comparatively, were parlor dramas for the tame of mind. This movie is REM madness.
You can read the rest of the review at Hollywood-Elsewhere.com.

8 comments:

  1. It's that short? Well damn. At least it seems like it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to add, will there ever be a day when a disaster flick will ever be just a disaster flick? Or are we doomed to always have comments of "9/11 MetAphor!11!"? I know JJ had a good explanation of monster films, and he himself drew the lines, but I mean ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought it was 90 minutes? surely credits arent 14 minutes long?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was absolutely amazing- after the movie was over, I walked outside and jumped like ten feet in the air when I heard a train start going by. I kept expecting to get smooshed by a monster. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. krizley where did you see it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The credits are 14 minutes long and don't call me surely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. dennis thanks for having a great site. ive been following it for a long while now but with the release of the movie coming close this sites making me wanna spoil it for myself so im gonna make my farewells.

    and yes. i know that post is incredibly pointless and corny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bye, zurcher.

    Why do I now feel like everyone but me has seen the movie? Lol, oh yeah, that's because everyone but me HAS seen the movie.

    J/k, but Cloverfield seems to equal: Short and sweet, just replace "sweet" with "Monstrous", "Terrifying", "Barbarous", or "Furious".

    ReplyDelete