"CLOVERFIELD is worth the obsession"Harry Knowles of Ain't It Cool News has posted his review of his early screening of Cloverfield. The good news is, he can't say enough good things about it!
Here are some of the glowing comments, that almost seem to be pandering for a spot on one of those full page newspaper ads:
- Utterly Brilliant
- CLOVERFIELD is a bold genre-reinvention unlike anything we’ve ever seen before
- An intimate perspective on an impossibly grand scale human disaster beyond most human levels of comprehension
- Like SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, but instead of Nazis it’s a giant monster
- The movie is a landmark genre film
- A true milestone in film
- A complete reinvention of the disaster movie, the giant monster movie and even the love story
- I absolutely love this film and the only thought I had when it was over was how I wanted to watch it 5 more times today
- Good Bad Robot!!!
- It feels like nothing less than the rebirth of the cinema ;)
Unfortunately, the review is filled with spoilers (and obscenities), so instead of linking to it, I have posted an EDITED, SPOILER-FREE copy of the review here: